Monday, May 9, 2011

WORKSHOP WEDNESDAY and ICE CREAM CAKE!

Carolyn was our host for our Workshop Wednesday and we made this very pretty
card and this unique bookmark.




Mom and I were totally spoiled yesterday by my son Justin and his girlfriend.  The two of them went grocery shopping and came home with bags of food, with which they prepared Mother's Day dinner for us and the ultimate surprise was a DQ ice cream cake!
It's very nice to have a girl around the house and especially one who is an amazing chef!


This was my first ever Mother's Day when I did not have to make arrangements to take Mom out or to cook myself and boy, was it ever a treat!  The meal the kids prepared was amazing and of course, the ice cream cake was the perfect end to a perfect meal.

Mom and I sat outside all afternoon, enjoying our long awaited Spring weather ... chatting and enjoying our bluebirds coming and going from their nesting box.
With my water fountain providing the background music, it was a wonderful afternoon.


I am so blessed to have my MIL in my life and equally blessed to be a Mom myself.  My son Justin is a dream-come-true for me and I love him with all my heart.

Thanks for stopping by.

~Bonnie~





16 comments:

Beate said...

Beautiful card and bookmark. Looks like you and your Mom had a great Mother's Day!
Hugs and smiles

Gail said...

Awww, glad to hear you had a great Mother's Day!
Nice card & bookmark too!

Lee said...

Beautiful creations,great pics.Love the one of you MIL,she has a lovely smile and i love the little doggi.xxx

Curt in Indy said...

Your afternoon sounds like pure bliss! Kudos to your son and his girlfriend for being so thoughtful. You deserve it. Your MIL looks so sweet. . .what an adorable, sweet face. Yes, you are lucky, but they are also lucky to have you in their lives. Love that bookmark by the way! Best, Curt

Olena said...

WOW! Beautiful work! Great job! Olena

Maire Gamber said...

Beautiful card Bonnie! Wonderful bookmark too!!! Love it. So glad you had a wonderful Mother's day!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

simply delightful card!!!!!!
the book mark is such a nice touch!!!
tfs:)

Maire Gamber said...

Beautiful card Bonnie! It almost has a wonderful oriental feel!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Bonnie, your card is gorgeous! I notice your post is May 6th, hope everything is okay.
Hugs, Jan

Teresa said...

Sounds like the perfect Mothers day Bonnie, so glad you both enjoyed it, both card & bookmark are gorgeous. Hope you are well. hugs Teresa xx

Janine said...

FAbulous card and book mark Bonnie!

Maire Gamber said...

Bonnie.... check out my blog for a special award for you!
Hugs,
Marie

Maire Gamber said...

Just me checking in again. Hope everything is ok. Thinking of you!
Hugs,
Marie

Curt in Indy said...

Hey Kiddo! Why no recent posts???? Hope you are doing OK. . .Best, Curt

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Bonnie! I just wanted to hop over and say hello to you! I miss seeing your creations in blog-land. Hope you are doing well! Hugs to you! :)

Gitte said...

Finally! I get to see what you are up to! You are sooooo talented! I love the bookmark you created. We MUST get together soon!!!!

Love you BBF!