Friday, January 6, 2012

WATERCOLOURED TULIPS

On a recent 'play day', one of my stamping friends came over to try her hand
at using different colouring mediums.  We hauled out the
watercolour crayons, watercolour pencils, Prismacolour pencils, distress inks,
and of course, Copics.

This image (a very old PSX stamp and one of my favourites)
was stamped on w/c paper and was coloured with distress inks.  
While I do love my Copics, I still have some difficulty using them on certain images
and realize that I am not confined to using only Copics as a 
colouring medium.


I am quite pleased with the results and found that the Distress Inks were much
easier to move and blend on the image, than other w/c products.

The yummy pink bow was made with my BPBS and I finally used 
some Spellbinder die sets that I have had for over a year and had
never used them once.  It's amazing what you might find when you start 
going through your craft supplies and realize that you really don't
"NEED" those new things you just found online.


Thanks for stopping by.

~Bonnie~ 

3 comments:

Gail said...

So pretty & Springy!
What fold is that?

Curt in Indy said...

I always forget about using my distress inks as a "painting medium". I've done it in the past and love the look. Yours turned out beautifully! And I absolutely know what you are talking about going through craft supplies. Hope you, hubs, and the "kids" are doing well! Hugs, Curt

Beate said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Bonnie. I love the embossed card base and your coloring of the gorgeous image.
Have fun with your friend today!
Hugs and smiles